Weeks Auction Group is pleased to announce the Public Auction of the Helen Newsome Spooner Estate located in the heart of Southwest Georgia. The Tom Judge Tract consists of 509.50+/- total acres in the Heart of Whitetail Country. This property has large stands of merchantable timber located in the best whitetail hunting region of Georgia. You can enjoy the rolling landscape with a UTV while heading to the two ponds for fishing. Whether you’re looking for a great timber investment, expanding your real estate footprint, or a diversified hunting tract this property surely has it all! The property borders Medders Road for an additional future entrance. Offered in 4 tracts at auction, buyers can bid on a single tract, few tracts, or the entire property.
TRACT 3- 291+/- Acres located off Harmony Road with a 60’ easement on the property for the neighboring tract 2. This property consists of gently rolling hills and harvested timber environment with a very secluded pond for fishing. This property has an extensive road system for access to the entire landscape. This tract would make a great timber investment.
Online Only Auction Real Estate Bidding Terms and Conditions
Auction Date and Time: Thursday, August 25, 2020, at 4 PM
Open House Dates and Times: Drive by viewing at any time or contact Cameron Morris for a private showing.
For More Information Contact:
Weeks Auction Group, Inc.
(229) 890 - 2437
Please Read the following terms carefully. By registering for this auction, you acknowledge that you have read and understood all terms and conditions herein and set forth within the supporting documentation described in the terms and that you have inspected the property or had the opportunity to do so.
If you do not agree to these terms, please DO NOT bid!
The property will be offered in the following five tracts through the Weeks Auction Group Online Multi-Par Bidding Platform. Bidders will have the opportunity to bid on each tract individually, in groupings of multiple tracts, and the entire property as a whole. The final sales configuration that produces the highest offer to the seller will determine how the property sells.
Tract 1: 15+/- Acres located along Harmony Road and Joe Hobby Road. This property will make a great country homesite in the heart of Southwest Georgia. This region is known for record whitetail deer and turkeys.
Tract 2: 101+/- Acres located off Harmony Road with a 60’ easement on tract 3 for access. This property consists of planted pine trees throughout the property along with a very secluded pond for fishing. This tract would make a great recreational investment.
Tract 3: 291+/- Acres located off Harmony Road with a 60’ easement on the property for the neighboring Tract 2. This property consists of gently rolling hills and harvested timber environment with a very secluded pond for fishing. This property has an extensive road system for access to the entire landscape. This tract would make a great timber investment.
Tract 4: 101+/- Acres located off Medders Road from GA Highway 33. This property consists of very mature hardwood timber and great stands of planted pines. This is truly a sportsman’s paradise with immediate returns from thinning the timber. This property represents the highest timber value of the Tom Judge Farm tracts.
Bidder Registration and Verification:
For verification purposes, a credit card is required in order to register for this auction. Upon registering, an authorization charge of $1,000.00 will be charged against the credit card used for registration. This authorization is not a permanent charge placed on your card, it is only a pre-authorization used to verify identity of our bidders and the availability of funds on the credit card used for registration. Please be advised that WAG has no control over the length of time the verification charge remains on your card, that is at the sole discretion of your credit card company. Also, please be aware that registering for multiple auctions will incur multiple verification charges; and in some instances, multiple verification charges may result in a fraud alert being sent to the card holder. WAG reserves the right to reject or accept bidder registrations at its sole discretion.
Terms of Sale:
At the close of the auction, successful bidders will be emailed a contract package. Included in the contract package will be the purchase contract as well as instructions for submitting your earnest money deposit.
The Bid Increments will be as follows:
Amount Up to:
WAG reserves the right to adjust bid increments as needed.
Scheduled Auction End Times:
The Auction is scheduled to end at the published end time, subject to auto-extend bidding. Each time a bid is placed with the clock showing less than 10 minutes, the clock will reset to 10 minutes. In the event the auto-extend time needs to be reduced, WAG reserves the right to adjust the auto-extend, as needed.
A 10% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the bid price for each property to determine the final contract price. For example, if your final bid price is $100,000, 10% ($10,000) will be added, resulting in a total contract price of $110,000.
Contract for Sale:
This property is offered under the specific terms provided in the Contract for Sale and specific Contract Special Stipulations as below. The Contract for Sale is available for review at www.WeeksAuctionGroup.com. Please fully read and review the entire Contract for Sale prior to bidding. If you have any question or concerns to anything included in the Contract for Sale, please contact WAG prior to bidding. Please do not bid prior to reviewing the entire Contract for Sale Document.
1. This sale will be closed by Willis Duvall of Moore, Clarke, DuVall, & Rodgers, P.C at 2829 Old Dawson Road, Albany, Georgia, (229 888-3338. The closing attorney will charge the purchaser a closing fee of $595.00 per cash transaction. This fee includes conducting the closing, collecting and disbursing the funds and preparing a closing statement. If the purchaser wants a title opinion or other services, the closing attorney will provide them for an additional fee. The seller will pay for the preparation of the Deed only. The purchaser will pay all other closing costs associated with this sale including but not limited to recording, transfer tax, financing expenses, intangible taxes, title fees, title insurance, appraisals and inspection reports. The purchaser will be responsible for any bank wire fees associated with the closing incurred by the receiving or sending of purchaser’s earnest money deposits.
2. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary contained herein, in the event the Closing cannot occur when scheduled due to a COVID-19 related event (“CRE”) resulting in the closing attorney, the mortgage lender and/or the Buyer and/or Seller being unable to perform their respective obligations, then the Closing shall be postponed until 7 days after the specific event delaying the Closing has been resolved. If the Buyer or Seller is unable to perform due to a CRE, the affected party shall promptly notify the other party both of the CRE and of its resolution. Buyer or Seller having concerns about attending the Closing or self-quarantining (in the absence of a quarantine or government ordered lockdown that specifically applies to Buyer and/or Seller) shall not excuse Buyer or Seller from attending the Closing either in-person, virtually or through a power of attorney. Buyer or Seller presently having COVID-19 shall excuse Buyer and/or Seller from attending the Closing until the party is no longer at risk of infecting others. However, in all situations where Buyer and/or Seller cannot attend the Closing, Buyer and or Seller shall use their best efforts to fulfill their contractual obligations through a power of attorney. Buyer or Seller experiencing a job loss, reduction in salary or other financial hardship shall not be deemed a CRE. If the CRE causing a permitted delay results in the Closing being delayed by more than 90 days from the original Closing date, then either Buyer or Seller may terminate this Agreement without penalty upon notice to the other party.
3. This property is sold subject to Covenants for an Agricultural Preferential Assessment recorded in Deed Book 937, Page 285. the office of the Clerk of Superior Court, Worth County, Georgia and Deed Book 250, Page 134-135. the office of the Clerk of Superior Court, Turner County, Georgia (hereinafter the “Covenant”). This Covenant expires on December 31, 2022. As a part of this transaction, Purchaser shall assume and/or continue the Covenants, and in the event Purchaser does not qualify to assume or continue the Covenants or fails to timely file an application to assume or continue the Covenants, then Purchaser shall be responsible for and pay any and all ad valorem taxes, costs and penalties associated with a breach, if any, of the Covenants. Seller agrees to fully cooperate with Purchaser's application for continuation or assumption of the Covenants. However, neither the Seller nor the Broker makes or have made any warranties or representations regarding the Covenants or the Purchaser's ability to qualify to continue or assume the Covenants. Further, the Purchaser does agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller, the Broker and the closing attorney from any and all costs, penalties, attorney's fees, and ad valorem taxes that are due and required to be paid as a result of the termination and/or breach of the Covenants. This warranty and indemnity shall survive the closing of the sale contemplated hereby and shall not be merged into the same.
4 . Following the auction a boundary survey will be made by Craig Bargstadt of True Point Surveying, 637 Pat Dixon Road, Hazlehurst, Georgia, (912) 551-9172, a land surveyor registered in the state of Georgia to perform a boundary survey of the property in accordance with the minimum technical requirements for the state of Georgia and certified in favor of Purchaser and Seller. The Survey shall be subject to Seller’s approval. The surveyor will charge 36 cents per linear foot on all exterior lines and 18 cents per linear foot on all common lines between auction purchasers. The final sale price shall be determined by multiplying $__________/acre (contract price per acre) by the number of surveyed acres rounded to the nearest one-thousandth of an acre. Division stakes are intended for approximation use only. Actual boundary lines are to be determined by field survey and may vary from field markers. It is understood that the acreage and dimensions of the tracts may vary according to the actual survey. All survey expenses will be paid by the Purchaser. For this fee, the surveyor will mark all property corners and provide the Purchaser with a recordable plat. This fee does not include the actual openings of the lines. The surveyor will open lines for an additional fee. As used herein, the term "surveyed acreage" means the total gross acreage of the property without any deduction for any portion thereof located within the bounds of any roadways (except deeded roads) easements or other rights of way, including, without limitation, electric transmission lines or other utility easements. In the event either party defaults under the terms of this Contract, the defaulting party will be responsible for the surveying expense.
5. The 2020 Ad Valorem taxes will be prorated between the seller and purchaser as of the date of closing.
6. The property is being sold as-is where-is.
7. This property is sold subject to all outstanding easements on said property for roads, power and telephone lines and the like and likewise subject to any cemetery or cemeteries that may now exist on this property.
8. This contract excludes all personal property located on the property.
9. This property is being conveyed by Trustees Deed.
10. Possession of the property will be granted at closing.
As Is, Where Is:
All property is selling “As-Is, Where Is” with all faults. It is the buyer’s responsibility to conduct any and all inspections and perform all acts of due diligence deemed necessary before bidding. Placing a bid will be considered as acceptance of the property in it’s as-is condition.
In the event a winning bidder fails to submit the signed Contract for Sale and/or earnest money deposit as specified in the terms, the winning bidder will be charged an administrative fee of $2,500.00 on the credit card provided at registration. All administrative fees are non-refundable.
Bid Cancellation: Weeks Auction Group, Inc. reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and bidding privileges of the party at any time that bids or bidding is deemed to not be in the best interest of the seller.
Earnest Money Deposit:
Upon the close of the auction, successful high bidders will be required to submit the required earnest money deposit as stipulated in the Contract for Sale. The successful bidder will have 24 hours to send the earnest money in the form of Wire Transfer or Cashier’s Check.
Real Estate Closing:
With timing being of the essence, each contract will be a cash contract, not contingent or subject to financing, appraisal, or survey, as described in the Contract for Sale. Closing will take place no more than 45 days from the end of the auction as stipulated in the Contract for Sale. The Buyer will be responsible for all closing costs and the transaction will be conducted by the closing attorney specified in the Contract for Sale.
Week’s Auction Group, Inc. herein after WAG is acting as agent for the seller and at no time is WAG responsible for, acting on behalf of, or acting as agent for the buyer. Full agency disclosure will be acknowledged by both seller and buyer on the Agency Disclosure form attached as Exhibit “C” on the Contract for sale.
Weeks Auction Group, Inc believes all information contained herein to be correct to the best of our knowledge. All information is being furnished to bidders solely for the bidder’s convenience and it is always the responsibility of the bidders to determine the accuracy and completeness of all information. Reliance on information provided is solely at the risk of the recipient. Bidders should always conduct their own due diligence, inspections, and investigations prior to bidding. Bidders needing assistance should seek necessary assistance prior to placing a bid.
As detailed in Rule 55-10-.01 (3) of the Georgia Auctioneers Commission: Any auction sale is, without requirement of announcement at any time, presumed to be with reserve unless the property are in explicit terms put up at absolute auction. According to Rule 55-10-.01 (4)(b) Weeks Auction Group and our sellers hereby give notice that bids may be made by the seller, or upon the seller’s behalf, at any auction with reserve.
Ashburn, Georgia 31714